Thanks for considering investing in what is sure to be an amazing experience at Wafloy. Before you begin the application process – please take a moment to read about Wafloy’s story and mission if you are not already familiar with us. We are excited that at just three years into the rebuilding journey here at Wafloy, the assistance of summer help is necessary to minister effectively to the number of groups we have coming. Our interns are critical in providing guidance and hospitality for each group’s needs as they uphold Wafloy’s Policies and Standards while representing Christ in servant leadership. Applying is not a commitment, but rather showing that you are interested.
There is an application, request for references and if selected, there will be an interview process before offered the internship position(s).
Deadline to apply for Summer of 2019 is Saturday April 27, 2019
So take that step, and see what God does.
Fill out the form below and we’ll send you the Application. Thanks!
Purpose of Internship
The overall Mission of Wafloy is “Helping others to say ‘YES’ to God!” Within this mission, the purpose of the internship is to assist and strengthen Wafloy’s ministry to groups and to provide opportunities for interns to grow spiritually and while gaining valuable ministry experience. Also to provide the interns with valuable experiences, skills and references for their future.
Types of Internship:
- Full Time Summer Internships.
- Part and Full Time – Fall/Winter and Winter/Spring
Summer Internship Compensation:
- Weekly $100 Stipend which is paid every two weeks
- Lodging to potentially share with other Interns (same gender)
- 2 Meals Provided each day of Work by Trish’s Diner (other meals often offered by groups)
- 2 Days off a Week (Usually Sundays and one other)
Fall/Winter/Spring Part/Full-Time Compensation:
Criteria For Applicants
- Between 18-25 years of age
- Must be a born-again Christ-follower who is living out the Christian Faith
- Church involvement (maintain weekly involvement somewhere)
- Good reputation with both peers and mentors
- Respect for authority
- Must refrain from alcohol, tobacco, drugs
- Servant Attitude
- Desire to develop outdoor ministry skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Physically fit and capable of manual labor, sitting, standing, lifting, etc.
- Ability to handle multi-tasking, last minute needs and respectfully communicate rules well
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to conduct himself/herself in professional manner
- Consent to background check
- CPR certification and/or First Aid a plus but not required