Thanks for considering investing in what is sure to be an amazing experience at Wafloy. Before you begin the application process – please take a moment to read about Wafloy’s story and mission if you are not already familiar with us.
Our Interns are vital team members who are highly involved in providing hospitality, guidance and facilitating certain activities for each group that holds a Retreat at Wafloy. While representing Christ through servant-leadership, the Interns handle a wide array of preparation and planning duties, run the camp store during their assigned hours, facilitate some group activities and bond by regularly interacting with each group while upholding Wafloy’s Policies and Standards.
Applying is not a commitment, but rather showing that you are interested. Below is a request form to be sent an application, which includes a request for references. If selected, there will be an interview process prior to the potential of being offered an internship position.
Please take that first step, and see what God may have for you at Wafloy Mountain Village, Christian Retreat.
Deadline to apply for Summer of 2022 is March 30, 2022.
COMPLETE thIS form TO RECEIVE the Application. Thanks!
Purpose of Internship:
The overall Mission of Wafloy is “Helping others to say ‘YES’ to God!” Within this mission, the purpose of the internship is to assist and strengthen Wafloy’s ministry to groups and to provide opportunities for interns to grow spiritually and while gaining valuable ministry experience.
Also to provide the Interns with valuable experiences, skills and references for their future.
Types of Internship:
- Full Time Summer Internships.
- Part and Full Time – Fall/Winter and Winter/Spring Internships.
Summer Internship Compensation:
- Weekly $100 Stipend which is paid every two weeks
- Lodging (potentially shared with another Intern of the same gender)
- 2 Meals Provided each day of Work by Trish’s Diner (other meals often offered by groups)
- 2 Days off a Week (Usually Sundays and one other)
Fall/Winter/Spring Part/Full-Time Compensation:
Criteria For Applicants:
- Between 18-25 years of age
- Must be a born-again Christ-follower who is living out the Christian Faith
- Church involvement (maintain weekly involvement somewhere)
- Must refrain from alcohol, tobacco, drugs
- Good reputation with both peers and mentors
- Respect for authority
- Servant Attitude
- Desire to develop outdoor ministry skills
- Strong work ethic and follow through
- Self-directed to see a need or task and tend to it appropriately.
- Trustworthy and responsible.
- Strong communication skills
- Physically fit and capable of manual labor, sitting, standing, lifting, etc.
- Ability to handle multi-tasking, last minute needs and respectfully communicate rules well
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to conduct himself/herself in professional manner
- Consent to background check
- CPR certification and/or First Aid a plus but not required
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the guidance of both the Marketing & Guest Relations Director and the Property & Facilities Director each Intern will perform a variety of both outdoor and indoor service oriented responsibilities. Including, but not limited to the following:
- Meet, greet and interact with each group and group leader on a regular basis
- Part time Camp Store hours, inventory and promotion.
- Facilitate certain Camp Activities as scheduled (The Blob, Team Building, etc)
- Pre-arrival building set-up
- Post-checkout building inspections
- Minor Maintenance, Facility and Property Upkeep (includes trash, weed eating, reset of equipment, etc)
- Hospitality check-ins and errands as needed (within reason)
- May be asked to assist in areas such as Audio/Visual, Social Media promotions, Group projects and more.